The holiday season is upon us, and it’s the perfect time to get creative with your little girl’s hair. Whether you’re dressing up for a family gathering or a special Christmas event, these easy and cute Christmas hairstyles will make your little one look even more adorable.
10 Best Christmas Hairstyles for Little Girls
In this guide, we’ll explore some simple yet charming hairstyles that will get your little girl into the festive spirit.
1. Festive Braided Pigtails
- Start by parting your child’s hair down the middle to create two even sections.
- On each side, begin a regular braid.
- Secure the ends of the braids with a red or green hair tie or ribbon.
- Add a small holiday-themed hairpin for extra Christmas spirit.
2. Twisted Top Knot
- Gather your child’s hair into a high ponytail.
- Twist the ponytail to create a bun.
- Secure the bun with a festive scrunchie.
- Use a Christmas-patterned scrunchie for that holiday touch.
3. Snowflake Braid
- Start by creating a regular braid with your child’s hair.
- At intervals along the braid, tie small white ribbons to resemble snowflakes.
- To add a snowy shimmer, apply a bit of hairspray with glitter.
4. Christmas Tree Ponytail
- Gather your child’s hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a green elastic band.
- Wrap a thin red ribbon around the ponytail to mimic a Christmas tree garland.
- Add a small star-shaped hairpin or clip at the top.
5. Candy Cane Twists
- Part your child’s hair into sections.
- Twist each section and secure the ends with small red and white hair ties.
- This creates the appearance of festive candy canes.
6. Santa’s Hat Bun
- Create a high bun with your child’s hair.
- Wrap a small piece of red felt or fabric around the base of the bun to mimic Santa’s hat.
- Finish by adding a white cotton ball at the top as the pom-pom.
7. Holly Berry Hairpins
- To achieve this look, you’ll need small sprigs of artificial holly berries, which can be found at a craft store.
- Carefully secure these holly berry sprigs using hairpins throughout your child’s hair.
- These hairpins will add a subtle yet charming touch of Christmas to any hairstyle.
8. Glittering Snow Queen
- For a sparkling snow queen look, start with dry hair.
- Gently apply hair gel to your child’s hair, focusing on the ends.
- Sprinkle a small amount of glitter over the gel-coated areas.
- Use your fingers to spread and evenly distribute the glitter.
- Your little one will sparkle like freshly fallen snow.
9. Reindeer Antlers
- Begin by parting your child’s hair down the middle to create two even sections.
- On each side, create a high pigtail.
- Twist each pigtail into a coil to mimic reindeer antlers.
- Attach small, stick-on googly eyes and a red bow for the nose to complete the reindeer look.
10. Jingle Bell Clips
- Jingle bell clips are a delightful addition to any Christmas hairstyle.
- Simply attach jingle bell hairpins or clips to your child’s hair.
- These clips will not only look cute but also provide a festive jingle as your child moves, spreading holiday cheer.
These easy and cute Christmas hairstyles for little girls will not only make your child look even more charming during the holiday season but also create cherished memories. Whether you’re attending a family gathering, a school play, or just celebrating at home, these hairstyles are sure to spread some Christmas cheer.
So, why not get creative and give one (or more) of these hairstyles a try? Your little one will be delighted with the festive look, and it’s a fantastic way to make this Christmas season even more special. As you prepare for the holiday festivities, don’t forget to capture those precious moments in photos that you’ll treasure for years to come.
If you need a little extra help or want to treat your child to a professional holiday hairstyle, consider visiting Kids Hair Play, where our expert stylists can make your little one’s Christmas even more magical. Happy holidays!